A hot water heater is an essential part of every home. It will save you a lot of time and effort when boiling water for your daily needs such as in cleaning, taking a bath and cooking among many other activities. It’s definitely an appliance that will provide you a great deal of convenience, making it worthy of your hard-earned money. If you still don’t have one, then it is time that you invest on a unit. If, on the other hand, you have the tank-type heating system and you are thinking about switching to tankless, then read on and learn how to install it. We, of course, recommend letting professionals do the job for you but for the sake of information, let us show you how it is done.
1. First things, first. Turn off the main water supply to prevent flooding and unexpected accidents.
2. Detach the supply lines from your old water heater and make sure that you have a bucket ready to be placed underneath the water bib. That should catch any excess water that may flow out of the pipe.
3. Make sure that your gas line is closed if you have one. There’s supposed to be a label that says “open” and “close” for you identify the right way to turn the valve. If you are using electric, just unplug the old water heater from its electrical source.
4. Remove the old heating system from its installation area and have it disposed of properly. There are companies that collect old appliances for proper disposal. Check your local directory if you have one in your area.
5. Unbox your new tankless heating system and lay out all the parts as well as the user’s manual nearby.
6. Figure out the best location where you can install the unit. Please refer to your local building codes and guarantee that you’ll comply with their regulations.
7. Check the user’s manual that came with the appliance. Mount your water heater as per directions and ensure that it is appropriately supported by a bracket to prevent it from falling down and incurring damages.
8. To set up the hot water heater’s connections, you have to install ventilation ducting if you have gas. Take note that this type of heating unit necessitates specially designed stainless steel flue (larger flue).
9. Connect the water supply line that will deliver cold water into the unit.
10. Follow through with the appliance’s power source. If the unit makes use of electricity, simply plug it to the electrical outlet. If it needs gas, connect a gas line to it. Don’t forget to turn the gas valve on.
11. Now it’s time to test if it’s working. Light the pilot on the unit and turn on your hot water tap or shower. Make sure that the fixture gives out hot water.
We hope that our blog today showed you how to install water heater. We recommend that you look for the best Miami Springs FL plumbing experts in case you need to have one installed in your house. Douglas Orr Plumbing delivers top-notch plumbing services in Miami Springs FL including water heater service, gas piping, repiping, plumbing repairs and many more! Call us now at (305) 240-6731!
Want to install an outdoor shower? Watch our video and get tips from the best licensed Miami plumber!