There are so many things that you can do to get rid of drain clogs at home. You can use natural remedies such as baking soda and vinegar; baking soda and lemon juice; Alka Seltzer tabs or borax, salt, and vinegar. You may also use your ever reliable plunger or the efficient plumbing snake. And if you have never tried using a drain claw, read on and find out what it is and how you can use it to clear your pipes.
What Is A Drain Claw?
A drain claw is a newly introduced plumbing tool in the market. It is a flexible wire that features an auger at one end. The auger has a hundred interlocking hooks which enable the drain claw to catch substances inside the pipes with ease. It bends without difficulty in order to fit into tight drains as well pass curves and traps.
How Do You Use A Drain Claw?
1. If your sink or tub has a screen trap, you have to remove it first to access your drainpipe effectively.
2. Carefully insert the drain claw into the drain, pushing it further down until it touches onto a solid object.
3. Once it touches on the blockage, twist the drain claw to hook the waste or object. Let it stroke the walls of your pipes to catch hair or sticky substances. When you feel like the auger has captured a lot of waste materials already, carefully pull the drain claw out. Dispose the waste properly.
4. You can repeat the process until you are sure that you have thoroughly cleaned your pipes and gotten rid of the blockage.
5. When you’re done, clean your drainpipe. Pour a cup of baking soda into the drain hole. Follow it up with a cup of vinegar then plug the hole with an old cloth. This will ensure that the ingredients won’t flow out and that gases won’t escape out of the pipes.
6. Give the ingredients a few minutes to work their magic. When you no longer hear any fizzing sound, remove the plug and pour a kettle of boiling hot water into the drain to wash away the ingredients.
We hope that you’ll successfully use a drain claw with the help of our blog post today. If the clog persists, call the most dependable Parkland plumber. Douglas Orr Plumbing delivers top-notch plumbing services in Parkland including sewer cleaning, sewer jetter cleaner, backflow prevention, leak detection and many more! Call us now at (305) 240-6731 to schedule a service!
Do you want a new outdoor shower installed? Watch our video to get helpful installation tips!