Your drainage and sewer lines play an important role in your plumbing system. Every time that you wash your dishes, your dirty clothes or take a bath, soiled water is produced. And because of your drainage system, the wastewater is transported efficiently and safely to your septic tank or the public sewer system where your home is connected to. However, because it’s not only water that passes through these pipes, they may eventually get clogged up. For this very reason, you need top-notch sewer cleaning services.
WHAT CAUSES SEWER CLOGS?
There are several things that may create clogs in the sewer system. Here’s a quick list you should check out:
1. Foreign objects such as diapers, tissues, body wipes, sanitary napkins, cigarette butts, cat litter and other stuff that should not get flushed down the toilet in the first place
2. Grease and other oily substances
3. Tree root intrusions
4. Pipe deterioration
5. Improper plumbing installation
SIGNS THAT YOU NEED SEWER CLEANING
You’ll know that you need sewer cleaning when you notice any of these signs below:
1. Foul odor is coming out of your drains. This indicates a drainage problem that may have resulted from trapped substances inside the system or broken drainage lines.
2. Two or more of your drains are clogged at the same time. There’s a big chance that your main sewer or drainage lines are the ones that are clogged up.
3. Your drains clog frequently. When you try your best to get rid of the blockages and yet they always come back, you should call a licensed plumber right away.
4. You should also watch out for slow drains. They are also indicators of a sewer problem.
5. Lastly, when sewage water comes out of your drains, don’t hesitate. Call your plumber right away to prevent the problem from getting worse.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A SEWER CLEANING SERVICE
During a sewer cleaning service, the plumber will make use of professional-grade equipment such as the sewer camera (for inspection), the plumbing snake and the hydro-jetter. The sewer camera will be used to identify the location of the leak or the area in the pipe that’s damaged. To plumbing, snake is used to break through the clog. The hydro-jetter, meanwhile, is used to wash away the debris and grease inside the pipes.
If the pipes are damaged, there are several non-invasive methods that can be applied to fix the problem. Here are some of the options available:
2. Pipe Bursting
3. Cured-In-Place Piping (CIPP)
4. Mechanical Spot Repair
You can get more information about these methods by reading this article about sewer line repair. We hope that you learned about sewer cleaning services from our blog today. Don’t just settle for amateur sewer and drain cleaning companies. Instead, call a reliable licensed plumber in Deerfield Beach FL. Douglas Orr Plumbing provides emergency plumbing services in Deerfield Beach FLincluding sewer line inspection in Deerfield Beach FL, Deerfield Beach FL backflow prevention services, clogged drain repair services in Deerfield Beach FL, leak detection in Miami FL and many others! Call us at (305) 240-6731to schedule a service!
Do you have leaking pipes at home? Watch our video and find out why we’re the best plumbing company for your needs!