Doing plumbing repairs and installations do not only require patience, time and skills. DIY plumbing also entails the responsibility of buying your own tools and supplies. Aside from having your reliable pliers, wrench and plunger, you also have to get your own stock of nuts, screws, washers, O-rings and plumbing what-nots. Some prefer to get their materials personally from the home depot or hardware. Those who are quite tech savvy and don’t want to drive to the store prefer ordering their stuff online. If you are a newbie handyman and not quite familiar with the ins and outs of online plumbing trade, read on because we’ll give you some quick tips and tricks.
1. While you can already order supplies from manufacturers online, you can also try e-commerce sites to be able to choose among brands or compare prices.
2. If you don’t have a trusted e-commerce site yet, ask your friends and loved ones for referral. If they do their shopping online for home improvement materials, they’ll surely be able to provide you some reputable websites. Better yet, if you know a plumber whom you trust, you can also ask for tips. Plumbers usually know the best places to get plumbing stuff from.
3. Before adding stuff in your cart and hitting the buy button, make sure that you are getting the right items for your needs. Check the size of screws and nuts you have to get. Are you ordering the right type of pipe for your plumbing? Does it really have to be PVC or do you need the steel / metal type? Do your homework; ask an experienced DIY enthusiast or consult your trusted plumber.
4. When choosing your materials, remember that expensive doesn’t always equate to quality. There are also equally durable, functional fixtures that aren’t that costly. So compare products; read customer reviews and make wise decisions.
5. Create a list of items you should buy. This way, you will only make one transaction and have all items delivered at the same time. You’ll not only save money on transaction fees but also save on shipping — that is if the website you’ll buy items from do not offer delivery for free.
6. Be aware of sales or discounts. Most e-commerce sites offer big discounts as part of their marketing campaigns. If you’re not shopping for an immediate plumbing repair, you might want to stock on items that you’ll need later such as plumber’s tape, putty, bathroom repair kits and faucet parts among many others.
We hope that you loved reading our tips on how to buy plumbing supply online. If you need professional plumbing help, just find the most trustworthy El Portal FL plumbing service providers. Douglas Orr Plumbing delivers exceptional plumbing services in El Portal FL including plumbing repairs, septic tank care, sewer cleaning, water heater care and many more! Call us now at (305) 240-6731!
Learn how to repair leaking pipes in your home! Watch this video now to get tips.