With the cost of water continuously rising, it is only wise that every homeowner saves on his utility bill. The only question is, “How do you do just that?” Though you won’t be able to control the cost of water, you can still control and manage your household’s usage. Here are some easy yet efficient tips on saving money on water and sewer bills!
Water Bill Saving Tips
1. Instead of using your bathtub, use your shower instead.
2. Check your toilet, faucets and other fixtures for seepage. Repair leaks ASAP if there are any.
3. Turn off the faucet while you brush your teeth; scrape off the food from dirty dishes or even while you soap cooking utensils.
4. Your toilet flapper should be replaced once a year because this part easily breaks down.
5. Take shorter showers. Don’t treat your bathroom as if it’s a swimming pool.
6. Change your shower heads to low-flow types.
7. Install diverters in your toilets and aerators in your faucets.
Sewer Bill Saving Tips
1. Lessen the use of toilet paper. If possible, refrain from flushing it down the toilet.
2. Never ever flush sanitary napkins, disposable wipes and what-nots in the john — even if the manufacturer of those products tell you it’s okay to do so.
3. Don’t use too much soap when using your washing machine and avoid overloading it.
4. Ask plumbing professionals to perform check-ups and maintenance in your property to ensure that everything’s okay. If you experience slow draining, you have to let your friendly plumber check for roots intrusions and blockages in your pipes.
5. Always keep your drains clean and free from debris.
6. Ensure that your toilet’s float is attached to its handle whenever it runs.
7. Use your dishwasher and washing machine’s recommended detergent to ensure that they’ll work smoothly and efficiently.
We hope that you find these tips helpful when saving money on your water and sewer bill. Should you need a plumber to assist you in your home, just call us at Douglas Orr Plumbing! We deliver top-notch Miami plumbing services such as sewer cleaning, plumbing installation and repair, repiping and more! Reach us at (305) 240-6731!
Want to learn more tips on conserving water in the bathroom? Watch this video now!