Keeping your plumbing system at tip-top shape is among your responsibilities as the homeowner. We understand that not all of us are born plumbers and for that very reason, you should rely on a trusted Miami residential plumbing contractor who can provide you with excellent repair and maintenance services. Now homeowners are often challenged when it comes to choosing and hiring the right plumber. Indeed, there are so many plumbing companies offering their skills and so-called expertise. How would you be able to tell which among them is the right contractor to be trusted? Here are some tips that will come in handy when screening and hiring plumbing professionals!
1. First things, first. A plumbing license is an important factor that you should check when choosing plumbers. Plumbing professionals should have a license because it’s proof that they have undergone proper training and passed the examination. This is the first determinant of their skills and excellence in the trade.
2. Ask your loved ones, friends or neighbors for referrals. If you want to get first-hand reviews of plumbing companies, ask the people around you. They surely have dealt with plumbers and it would be good to find out how plumbing companies do business straight from the people you trust. At least get a couple or more referrals that you can screen and choose from.
3. When you already have a list of potential plumbers, call them. Make sure that you have a list of questions when you call so that you won’t miss all the important points. For instance, you should ask them how long they have been in business. Verify the types of services they offer.
4. Get a sample quotation. Let the plumbers know about the current plumbing problem you need assistance with. Listen carefully as they tell you how much they charge for the services you need. Write the answers down on a sheet of paper so that you can compare the plumbers’ rates later. Remember, plumbers charge by the hour or by the project. If you ever have questions about their rates, make sure that you’ll address them during the call. Better yet, you can ask them to perform an ocular inspection so that they can provide an accurate quote.
5. When it comes to rates, there are companies that offer money-back guarantees. Make sure to clarify this with the plumbers you’ll call.
6. Do your research. The internet is now the go-to place of homeowners and customers who would like to get information on products and services that they want to purchase or hire. You can check out service reviews on the plumbers’ websites; on their social media accounts especially on Facebook and Google+; or on third-party sites such as Yelp and Angie’s List. Research and find out how the plumbing companies on your list have fared when it comes to customer service and plumbing expertise.
7. Once you’ve gathered all the information you need, make that final choice.
We hope that you found our tips on how to find the right Miami residential plumbing contractor helpful enough. If you need professional assistance now, just hire the most trusted Miami plumbers. Douglas Orr Plumbing provides local plumbing services in Miami including plumbing repairs, leak detection, water heater service, backflow prevention, bathroom fixture remodelingand many more! Call us at (305) 240-6731to schedule a service!
Learn awesome tips for your next outdoor shower! Watch our video now.