The sad truth about sewer pipes is that they are not immune to damage. Over the years, they will incur holes and cracks. Tree roots will get inside the sewer line; clog the system and even cause the tube to break. Aside from these elements, there are other factors that may affect the condition of the pipe. These include bursting, high pressure, temperature, corrosion and of course, aging. And you know what’s even sadder? When sewer pipes are not repaired immediately, the cost of the damage and the repair end up higher.
Signs That Your Sewer Pipes Need To Be Repaired
Schedule pipe repairs before the problem worsens. Here are some signs you should watch out for!
* Ageing sewer pipes
* Hydro-jetting fails to get rid of the blockage
* Corrosion, dislocation, and breakage in the pipe system
* Recurring blockages
* Foul odor escaping from your indoor drains
* Slow-draining pipes
* Toilet can’t flush down waste substances
* Presence of backups and backflows
Remember, these symptoms are not exclusive determinants of problems in your sewer line. There are also other factors that may lead to these issues in your home. To ensure that sewer line problems are detected accurately, seek the help of plumbing professionals. They are trained, skilled and equipped with the right tools to diagnose your sewer system.
How Sewer Lines Are Repaired
There are several methods that professional plumbers use to fix sewer lines. During the older days, plumbers used to dig the ground and replace the damaged pipe. Today, we have trenchless or no-dig solutions for pipes. Listed below are some of the trenchless methods that are available:
1. Pipe Bursting – Pipe bursting involves the breakage of the affected pipe from its interior. This process forces the fragments out to get rid of the old pipe. Once it is removed, a new tube will be installed as a replacement.
2. Cured-In-Place Piping (CIPP) – The CIPP method involves the pulling out or inverting of a fiberglass cloth, polyester tube or sustainable material inside the damaged sewer line. The material will be maneuvered inside the system with the use of air pressure or water.
3. Slip-Lining – The slip-lining method is best for fixing leaks or restoring a pipe’s good condition and stability. This process involves the installation or insertion of a smaller PVC, fiberglass reinforced or high-density polyethylene tube into the broken pipe. To make the connection leak-free and stable, grout is applied between the two layers.
4. Mechanical Spot Repair – The mechanical spot repair method involves the application of the repair on the damaged areas only. This process gives the sewer line a renewed efficiency and stability.
We hope that you learned about sewer line repair through our blog today. If your sewer pipes need repair, just call the most trustworthy Wilton Manors plumber. Douglas Orr Plumbing provides reliable plumbing services in Wilton Manors FL including backflow prevention, drain pipe unclogging, leak detection, sewer line inspection, toilet repair and many more! Call us at (305) 240-6731to schedule a service!
Learn pipe repair tips from your expert plumber! Watch this video now.