A clogged toilet is surely inconvenient for home and business owners. Since the toilet cannot be used until repaired or unclogged, daily activities are disrupted. Fortunately, if the problem doesn’t involve the main sewer pipes, you can try to remove the blockage on your own. We’re sure that you wouldn’t want to keep the clog waiting because such an inconvenience is completely unbearable! Here are some tips and tricks you might want to try!
1. If the clog is only minor, you can try to pour a bucket of boiling hot water first. In most cases, this solves the problem. Pour the hot water with a moderately fast pace. It should not be too slow or too fast because the toilet will just overflow. If this doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
2. You probably have baking soda and vinegar in your cupboard. Pour a cup of the baking soda into the toilet and then pour a cup of white vinegar, too. The two ingredients will chemically combine and produce a reaction that will fizz out the greasy substances inside the drain. When the reaction is complete, pour a bucket of water and check if the clog has been eradicated. If the problem persists, try the next method.
3. Another way to unclog the toilet is through the use of boiling water and detergent. Pour a cup of your favorite detergent into the bowl in order to lubricate the drainpipe. Follow up with an entire pot of hot water.
4. If the above three methods don’t work, it’s time that you use the old, tried and tested method! Get a plunger and position it right on top of the drain hole in the toilet. Plunge up and down while maintaining a consistent pace. Repeat this process for about 15 to 20 times and then pour a bucket of water into the bowl.
5. If the problem persists, the last thing that you can do is to make use of a plumbing snake. This is going to be a dirty job so make sure that you’ll wear a pair of rubber gloves. Insert the end of the plumbing snake into the drain. Turn the crank clockwise to maneuver it in. Once it touches on the blockage, push it vigorously while still turning the crank until the obstruction breaks into smaller pieces. If the wire already moves freely inside the drain, carefully pull it out and dispose the waste properly.
We hope that you learned valuable tips when unclogging a toilet. If the problem persists, just call the most reputable Hollywood plumbers. Douglas Orr Plumbing provides reliable plumbing services in Hollywood FL including toilet repair, backflow prevention, drainpipe unclogging, bathroom remodeling, outdoor shower remodeling and many more! Call us at (305) 240-6731 to schedule a service!
Learn more about our exceptional plumbing services in Florida! Watch our video now.