Every homeowner dreams about remodeling their bathroom. In fact, according to a recent survey, bathroom renovation landed second on the top renovations done in the home. Indeed, remodeling is not only a great way to aesthetically improve the bathroom but also to increase a property’s value. However, we can’t deny the fact that the expenses entailed with the renovation is among the primary concerns of homeowners. So if you’re planning to go through with such a project, read on and learn about small bathroom remodel cost.
1. According to a report published by Home Advisor, the average cost of a bathroom remodel ranges from $5,000 to $ 13,000, based on 10,282 respondents. However, on another report published by the National Kitchen and Bath Association, the cost seemed to have increased to $17,735 in 2014, with 20% of this amount representing labor expenses. Apparently, the bottom line is that renovation costs change and influenced by a lot of factors.
2. A small bathroom renovation will cost less than a large bathroom because:
a.) the square footage is smaller
b.) there will be lesser hours involved therefore, less labor fees
3. A bathroom remodel may involve any of these tasks:
a.) bathtub installation or repair
b.) sink installation or repair
c.) toilet installation or repair
d.) shower installation or repair
e.) cabinet installation or addition
f.) countertop installation
i.) lighting and ventilation upgrade
4. Replacing or upgrading your current fixtures (bathtub, sink, shower, faucets and toilet) will also be added on the cost of the project. However, if you’ll just repair or refinish fixtures that are a little bit cracked or stained, you will save a lot of money.
5. If the electrical system in the bathroom will be changed, expect to have additional expenses because of it, too. Just make sure that new electrical installations and configurations abide by local codes.
6. If you really want to upgrade all your fixtures or add storage but just concerned about their tag prices, just refer to this list for ideas. These are all costs of brand new items:
a.) sink – $100
b.) toilet – $175
c.) cabinets – $350
d.) bathtub – $450
e.) vanity cabinet – $200
f.) countertop tile – $200
g.) floor tile – $800
7.) Once you have decided to upgrade your taps, shower and toilet, choose low-flow types. This way, you’ll be able to conserve water and cut down on your monthly bill.
8.) Labor costs, meanwhile, vary across states. You need to consult your licensed, local plumber for quotations.
9.) The cost of supplies and materials also matter. Of course, you’ll need a few things like caulk, grout, concrete, adhesives and other types of plumbing supplies. These will also be added in the cost of the project.
10.) It is important that you come up with a plan as to how you want your bathroom to look after the project. This way, you won’t have surprise expenses. Creating a solid plan and sticking with it is a sure-fire way to stay within your budget.
We hope that we’ve given you ideas on a small bathroom remodel cost. If you need expert help, just call a reputable Biscayne Park plumber to give your bathroom a makeover. Douglas Orr Plumbing delivers exceptional plumbing services in Miami Dade County including bathroom remodeling, bathroom fixture remodeling, kitchen remodeling, outdoor shower remodeling, water heater service, leak detection and many more! Just call us at (305) 240-6731 to schedule a service!
Do you want to fix leaking pipes at home? Watch our video to learn awesome tips from your Broward County plumber!