Our dishwasher is one of the appliances that we just can’t live without. Well, actually this may be an overstatement. But seriously, who would want to lose all the convenience that this magic box brings? Who would ever want to spare more time to clean all the dishes after dinner? We bet you won’t unless of course, you’re pushing for water conservation and expenses reduction. However, a reality that you must remember is that just like any other appliance or machine that technology has ever made, your dishwasher is also prone to breakage and malfunction.
Invaluable Dishwasher Maintenance Tips:
- Use your dishwasher at least once daily. It’s okay to lessen the times that you’ll use the dishwasher because it will save gallons of water and also lessen your utility expenses. However, to prevent the buildup of sediments in the supply lines and also thwart improper drainage, you have to at least use it once every day.
- Load your dishwasher properly. Doing so will prevent damages on your machine and ensure its smooth and quiet operation thereby resulting to sparkling clean dishes.
- Scrape off food items from your plates and glasses before loading them into the machine. There’s really no need to rinse them with water. Just remove solids so that they won’t get stuck in your dishwasher.
- The spinning arms of your dishwasher are responsible for the distribution of water. Make sure that water will run smoothly in your machine by checking the arms for debris. If there are any, remove these particles using a toothpick or your reliable pliers.
- If your dishwasher loads the used wash water into your garbage disposal system, you’ll have to flush your garbage disposer first. Simply run the tap and the garbage disposal for a full five seconds before you hit your cleaning machine’s start button. Doing this will help your dishwasher to pump more efficiently and also rid the drain of debris.
- As they all say, cleanliness is next to godliness. This may be a saying that pertains to personal hygiene and good grooming but whoever said that you can’t apply it on your plumbing appliances? Regularly clean the inside of your dishwasher once it has already cooled down. Don’t use toxic or foamy cleansers. Instead, use a dishwasher detergent to ensure its smooth operation.
We hope that you learned a lot from these tips that we shared with you. Should you need help with your dishwasher installation, simply call the best plumber in the Miami area! Douglas Orr Plumbing provides unbeatable and affordable services! Call us now at (305) 240-6731and we’ll be happy to serve you!
Having trouble with your dishwasher? Learn how to diagnose the problem by watching this quick video!